I found this out the hard way. I started my ride in Orting at the park trail head. As I made my way to South Prairie I realized that I was having a real hard time peddling. I know that I had not had much to eat that day nor did I drink enough water. Still for how hard a time I was having I thought something might be wrong with me.
When I finally made it the 9 miles into South Prairie I decided to take a long rest at the tail head. As I sat there trying to figure out what may be wrong with me. I started looking at my bike, and realized that my front brake on the bike was rubbing very badly on my rim. Finding this I had to give myself the old face palm slap.
After I got over the excitement that nothing was wrong with me besides being really stupid. I made my way the 9 miles back to Orting. Quite easy I may have to say. I decided to quit the ride instead of heading to McMillan and back, like I had originally planed.
I only ended up doing 18 miles, but I think the first 9 miles were hard enough to be happy with.
Your Performance on the trip started on: Sep 3, 2011 4:56 PM
sumner trail orting to south prairie
| Trip time: | 01:18:56 | |||
| Trip distance: | 17.4 mi | |||
| Trip calories: | 2113 kcal | |||
| Average speed: | 11.4 mph | |||
| Maximum speed: | 50.5 mph | |||
| Climbed altitude: | 10527 ft <------Not true. I think the app was a bit off. From Pioneer to South Prairie is only 434ft. |

No comments:
Post a Comment