Now that I am finished with my big ride up in Mt. Vernon. It is hard to keep yourself motivated to train even though you don't have a ride to train for. The worst part is muscles and joints are still soar weeks later. I know that if I just get back on the bike and ride I'll probably feel a whole lot better about it all. Its just that when I get the chance to ride I come up with an excuse to go home instead. I have only ridden twice since September 10th. The weather has been nice enough I just need to get out there and do it. The other thing that I have been doing is hiking. Luckily Jeremy is going to be hiking on the 1st of October, so I am going with him for that.
I can't wait till next spring the roads around my work will be finished with construction, so I will be able to start my plan of riding to work from my sister-in-law's place. It is about 10 miles from her house to my office. That will be good to start riding 20 miles a day. I will only be able to do it twice a week, but that is still 40 miles a week. If I can force myself to do that I will be well on my way for training for any rides I may choose to do next summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment